-
April 23rd, 2005, 11:30 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Well the movers are going to be packing us up in a couple of weeks and I'm making sure all my dolls are carefully stored away and ready. I left Addy for last because she is my favorite. She needed a new hairdo because her braided chignon was getting messy (she's an older PM doll)so I got out her wire brush and some hair polisher/glossifier and went to work. It looked so smooth and shiny when I finished conditioning it that I decided to try french braids, one on each side of her head. It turned out great! I gently rolled the sides from her forehead to her ears and then began ro put her hair into two long braids. Her ends are a little dry so when I got to the ends I simply used hair rubber bands (the slippery kind that don't break your hair)to hold each braid and tucked the frizzy part under the final loop. It was the first time that I had her hair in two braids and she was so cute! She looked really young, like a little girl instead of a mature young woman. I changed her into her striped dress and put her green bow handband on. Then we got out her new toy!
A friend was cleaning out her stuff and gave me a little wooden giraffe (complete with horns and painted spots)riding in a pushcar cage with wheels. It looks like the old carnival train type carts and has a rope handle. The paint colors and the style look antique (even though it isn't) and match Addy's striped dress perfectly! I remembered seeing something similar in Addy's world book and sure enough in the "toys" section there was a black wooden elephant on wheels and it talked about how children in the mid-to-late 1800s enjoyed wooden wheeled figures of animals, etc. Yippee! It was such a lovely sight that I had to take some pictures. When I finally get this imagestation thing figured out I will try to post them. It was a nice day! Thanks for letting me share it!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks